Tuesday 28 June 2011

Trip to Bunnings





Bunnings had absolutely everything I needed to create my first setup.
I found a 250lt black rectangular tank, 60lt black tubs, the black gardening watering system for the pump and all the PVC piping anyone could want.
I decided to start with one tank and two grow beds and take it from there. Since I already had a large pump left over from my tropical fish tank, it was easy to configure the tubing to the grow beds and the gravity feed return to the tank using the standard pvc piping. I purchased Scoria instead of gravel or clay balls as I'd read that scoria had trace elements and had a huge surface area where the bacteria would flourish. I also found the grill over the top - being one side of a compost bin cage so in all the first step up, excluding tools I needed like drill bits and hacksaw blades, was about $125.00

No comments:

Post a Comment